Roofing is one of the most important parts of our house. If the roof isn’t checked frequently, it may give us trouble. There are several problems that can occur to a roof if repairs aren’t done frequently. The off sounding roofs and the water stains often indicated problems that our roof may be facing. Our roofs are covered with shingles which works as the protector against foreign particles. If you are looking for roof shingles in Michigan, then you should keep on reading to know about the options on shingles that you may have.
Types of shingles available for your roof:
- Asphalt Shingles: These are the shingles that are widely available and are inexpensive as well. They are sturdy and are often available in several color choices. These days asphalt shingles also come in fiberglass and organic variations. Asphalt shingles may also be energy efficient in nature. They are used in roofs that are slanting or steep in nature. Depending on the variety Asphalt shingles can last you from 20 to 30 years with proper maintenance.
- Tile Shingles: These types of shingles tend to look very good and are found in an array of shapes. They are highly stable in nature and can be preserved for 80 years. The only downside of them is that they are quite expensive in nature. But they do look very stylish on the roof.
- Wood Shingles: They are expensive when you compare them to Asphalt shingles, but they can still be affordable. Most of them are made from hardwoods like cedar and redwood and can last up to 50 years. They are energy efficient and eco-friendly in nature. One of the downsides of wood shingles is that they aren’t fireproof.
- Metal Roofs: Metal is best for houses that have a flat or steep roof. The metal roof is durable and is made of hard metal like tin, aluminum, etc. They just make a sound when it is raining heavily.
- Slate Shingles: These are very durable and can last up to 100 years. These are best for areas that get very cold during winters. The only thing that may bother us is it expensiveness, but when taken proper care they are the best.
It is hoped that you will be able to decide on a shingle type to install on your roof. Remember to take care of roofs as neglected roofs can be dangerous.